Thursday, April 8, 2010

Heart Healthy Starts continued



We are inundated with so many choices for heart healthy starts.... not all of them as beneficial as they claim to be. Nutrionist say you need protein and everyone says you need more raw veggies and fiber. What's a girl to do? Personally, I enjoy working out on an empty stomach which delays breakfast until later in the morning. Then, feeling like I got off to a good start my breakfast preference is a Whey protein drink to which I add spinach and blueberries and a little unfiltered apple juice. Tasty and satisfying! But that's only half the story. If it's a gloomy, cold, Saturday morning and I'm feeling.... you know.... hormonal...., then it's pancakes all the way! What about you? Does your environment and mood affect the foods you choose? I want to know!

So glad it's springtime in the rockies and lots of sunny days ahead!

Bon Appetit Foodies!,
Talkfooddenver

No comments:

Post a Comment